Wind and Рercussion instruments
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRANCE EXAMS IN THE SPECIALTY
The specialization "Wind instruments and percussion instruments»
I. COMPLEX TESTING
1) Foreign language test (optional English, German, French).
2) Test to determine readiness for training in Kazakh or Russian language.
II. CREATIVE EXAMINATION IN THE SPECIALTY
1.Execution of the program:
- The composition of a major piece (instrumental concert). The choice of composition depends on the instrument and can belong to any era and stylistic direction
- A virtuoso piece, free of time (you can also choose a composition by a modern author, which includes the use of the latest techniques of playing the instrument)
- A work of cantilevered character
- The work of a Kazakh author, of any era.
The solo program consists of works of various styles and genres. The duration of the speech is at least 40 minutes.
The Colloquium is held in order to identify the acquired knowledge, Outlook, performance and cultural level.
Sample questions for the Colloquium:
1. What are the techniques that make up the strokes of a wind musician?
A. sound Attack,
B. Legato and staccato,
C. sound Attack, conducting sound, ending sound, and techniques for connecting sounds,
D. Breathing and conducting sound.
2. types of attacks:
A. Simple, soft, and auxiliary,
B. Hard and soft,
B. without the participation of language and solid,
G. Soft and without the participation of language.
3. Types of syllables pronounced during a simple attack:
A. Do, do, da, de, Dee
B. Tu, to, TA, te, ti
V. Lu, lo, La, Le, Li
G. Tua, tou, tai, TEI
B. a Stroke executed by a simple attack,
B. a Stroke executed by an accentuated attack,
G. Stroke performed by Legato.
A. Performance of separate accented sounds
B. a Stroke executed by a simple attack without emphasis,
B. a Stroke executed by an auxiliary attack,
D. Stroke executed without attack
A. game Reception,
B. Stroke performed by Legato,
B. a Stroke performed by separate accentuated and at the same time sustained on the same dynamics of sounds,
D. a Stroke executed by a soft attack.
A. Accentuated short performance of sounds
B. a Stroke executed by a soft but short attack,
V. a Stroke executed by a simple attack linking sounds,
D. Stroke performed with the syllables du, da, do,
A. a type of detache stroke
B. a Kind of staccato stroke with an extremely sharp and dry sound,
B. Independent stroke,
D. a variation of the markato stroke,
9. Non Legato:
A. Stroke performed by soft attack
B. a Variety of staccate stroke,
B. a variation of the detache stroke
G. Stroke, it is very related.
A. a Single stroke, executed by a soft, attack,
B. a variation of the non Legato stroke
B. a Stroke executed by a simple attack,
G. Stroke performed by Legato.
A. a Stroke executed by a very soft attack.
B. Stroke executed without attack
B. a variation of the portato stroke
D. A variation of the detache stroke
V. the Color of the sound
G. The Term
13. The most correct type of performing breath:
B. Thoracic-abdominal or mixed
B. Abdominal or diaphragmatic
14. The embouchure of the musician:
A. the group of muscles surrounding the mouth opening
B. Circular muscle
D. the Set of muscles of the lips, face, mouth, and tongue that participate in the formation of sound.
15. sound Timbre:
A. the Timbre of the instrument depends on the overtone composition of the sounds of the instrument and the mouthpiece.
B. depends on the tool
B. Depends on the mouthpiece
G. Depends on the breath
16. Number of vibrato types:
A. Two types: diaphragm and throat,
B. One kind: diaphragmatic,
B. Five types: diaphragmatic, labial, head, throat, and maxillary.
D. Three types: diaphragmatic, labial and maxillary.
A. Melodic, rhythmic and ladalarmenable the development of the work, as well as gramotnye settings.
B. Loudness parameters of the product,
V. Melodic development of the work.
G. Rhythmic development of the work.
A. the Ratio of different musical durations
B. Rhythm is the basis of motives, phrases, sentences, periods, and larger sections of musical form.
B. sense of rhythm
D. Various rhythmic figuration
A. meaningful transmission of melodic thought
B. Culture of sound science.
B. the League displayed above the notes.
G. the Musical phrase.
20. Technique of inhalation
A. At the end of the air in the lungs-take a breath,
B. Inhale the air after a long note,
B. the breathing Technique has two stages: the end of the sound before inhaling and the beginning of the sound after inhaling,
D. Take a breath in a convenient place.
21. Grace notes:
A. Decoration of the melody, creating sound patterns around individual sounds,
G Grace Note
22. instrument quiet zone:
A. from p to mf
B. from pp to mp
B. from ppp to pp
D. From pppp to p
23. medium sound Zone of the instrument:
A. from p to mf
B. from p to mp
B. from pp to mf
D. from mp to f
24. Dynamic zone of the instrument's loud sound:
A. from mf to f
B. from mp to ff
B. from f to fff
D. from mf to fff
25. the most commonly used stroke when playing wind instruments:
V. Non Legato,
B. The Work,
B. Two types of etudes: etude-exercise and etude - musical miniature,
G. Genre of music.
27. configuring the tool:
A. you need to Set up in the nuance of p,
B. you need to adapt your lips to a given sound,
C. Set sound play in the mf nuance and raise or lower the sound with the custom part of the instrument,
D. you need to Configure in the FF nuance
A. Independent sounds,
B. Sounds that accompany the main sound and determine its timbre,
B. decoration of the melody,
G. Forschlags and nakhshlags.
A. Musical thought expressed in one voice,
B. Combination of gamma segments,
B. chord Element,
D. Individual intervals
A. The beginning of the work,
B. the Middle part of the work,
B. development of the work,
D. the Final part of the musical work.
- Technical equipment (mastery of strokes, fluency, virtuosity of the game, intonation);
- General musicality (phrasing, artistic and imaginative thinking, sense of style and form).
Excellent: 90-100 points (A+; A)
The candidate must demonstrate artistry, performing will, deep reading of the author's text, culture of performing intonation, and technical skill.
Good: 75-89 points (B+; B; B-)
The entrant's performance is meaningful, the author's text is accurately read, and stylistically sustained. But at the same time, it does not demonstrate performing freedom, which does not differ in the variety and quality of sound.
Satisfactory: 50 – 74 points (C+; C; C -; D+; D)
Poor understanding of the style and content of the performed works, insufficient command of expressive means of musical intonation (phrasing, artistic and imaginative thinking, sense of style and form).
Unsatisfactory: 0-49 points (F)
Lack of self-control, initiative, rhythmic will, poor command of technical and artistic means of performing intonation, non-compliance of the program with the required level for admission.
2. CREATIVE EXAM - PROTECTION OF THE ABSTRACT
Requirements for the abstract:
1. The Subject and content of the abstract must correspond to the profile of the specialty.
2. Summary performed in the Kazakh or Russian languages.
3. The volume of the abstract should be at least 15 pages.
4. Information to be reflected in the abstract:
* relevance and novelty of the topic;
* formulation of the object, subject, purpose and tasks of the work;
* analysis of recent publications and research, unsolved part of the problem;
* expected result, practical significance of the research;
• a list of sources used with output data (title, place and year of publication, number of pages).
5. the Citation material of the abstract is drawn up in accordance with the standards of scientific works (footnotes indicating the literary source, page numbers are required).
6. the Citation material should not exceed 20% of the total volume of the abstract text.
7. Musical examples (if any) are printed as an Appendix to the abstract and are not included in the main page of the abstract text.
8. the Text should be printed at a single interval. Margins: right – 10 mm, left – 30 mm, upper and lower – 20 mm. Page numbering is continuous. Put the page number on the right at the bottom of the sheet.
The defense of the abstract also includes possible questions on the theory, history of music, musical folklore, or methods of teaching special disciplines related to the chosen research topic.
The maximum score for the creative essay defense exam is 35 points. The minimum passing score is 9.
- 27-35 points (excellent)
The applicant must present an actual problem, demonstrate sufficient erudition, analytical thinking, knowledge of scientific apparatus, and vision of ways to solve the problem.
- 17-26 points (good)
The applicant formulates the goal and objectives well, and logically sets out the main provisions of the research. However, it demonstrates an insufficient level of knowledge on the problems of theory, history and methodology of the issue under consideration.
- 9-16 points (satisfactory)
Poor understanding of the essence of the research problem, insufficient knowledge of the skills of written scientific presentation, insufficient argumentation of the relevance of the work.
- 0-8 points (unsatisfactory)
Lack of practical significance of the research, small volume (10 or less pages), poor knowledge of the scientific apparatus, non-compliance of the subject with the profile of the specialty.
ORDER OF THE ENTRANCE EXAM:
1. The entrance exam program is provided until the end of the acceptance of documents, with a link to the YOUTUBE channel, to the technical secretary of the entrance exam, who, in turn, will send members of the commission for preliminary familiarization;
2. The schedule and procedure for the entrance exam will be sent by the technical secretary to applicants in advance;
3. A discussion of the points will be held after all the auditions, after the calculated points are sent to the responsible secretary of entrance examinations of the conservatory.
VIDEO RECORDING TECHNICAL REQUIREMENT
- Video recording should be made non-stop, from the beginning to the end of the work. Pauses in recordings between works are allowed. It is not allowed to use video editing of the connection for several passages performed by one piece. During the execution of the program, the hands, instrument and face of the performer should be clearly visible on the video.
An amateur format is allowed subject to all other requirements of the entrance exam. If the video does not meet the technical requirements, the sent video will not be considered.
VIDEO SEND REQUIREMENTS
1. The applicant needs to make a video recording of the program, upload it to the YouTube channel and drop the link with open access to the video to the secretary of entrance exams email@example.com, +77077130434 WhatsApp, not later than 15.07.2020
2. In a letter with a link to the video, the applicant must indicate: name, executable program, department where he enters, a copy of the identity card, contact information (in case of problems with the link or video);
3. In the description of the video, indicate the name and executable program.
For all questions regarding the entrance exam for the specialization "Wind and Percussion Instruments" contact - Khalilova Korlan +7 707 713 0434